Illinois Business Journal report
The Memorial network brings together Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Memorial Medical Group, and, coming soon, Memorial Hospital East in Shiloh.
“Our goal is to provide patients with a complete network of quality care—from physicians to the latest services and technology—right here in the Metro East,” said Mark Turner, Memorial Hospital president and chief executive officer.
Memorial Hospital in Belleville
Memorial Hospital is the hospital of choice for several highly trained physicians. With a reputation for providing high-quality healthcare services, Memorial has earned MAGNET recognition, the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award, and the U.S. News & World Report award in 2014 for Best Nursing Homes (for Memorial Care Center).
Memorial Hospital has grown from a 154-bed facility in 1958 to 316 beds and more than 16,000 annual admissions.
Memorial has expanded its health-care network by adding and enhancing services such as:
- The Heart and Vascular Center of Excellence — offering cardiac and vascular care from the Emergency Department to rehabilitation. The overall goal is to help patients improve their quality of life.
- The Orthopedic and Neurosciences Center — bringing together orthopedics, hand surgery, neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, pain management and sports medicine under one roof. The entire team is focused on keeping patients active and healthy.
- The Family Care Birthing Center — providing a compassionate, family-centered, unique birth experience.
- The Sleep Disorders Center — with American Academy of Sleep Medicine-accredited centers in Belleville and O’Fallon, The Sleep Disorders Center treats all types of sleep disorders using the latest techniques and comfortable accommodations.
- The Breast Health Center of Excellence — from digital mammography to the latest biopsy and surgical procedures, The Breast Health Center provides comprehensive, compassionate care using the latest medical technology.
In order to bring health information to patients, Memorial Hospital unveiled the MyMemorial Patient Portal, which lets patients take a more active role in their care by offering easy, secure access to important health information.
Memorial Medical Group
Memorial Medical Group (MMG) is focused on meeting the needs of the community with a comprehensive group of physician specialists. Anchored by a strong base of family practice and internal medicine providers, MMG offers a wide range of specialty care including pulmonology, cardiology, orthopedics, sports medicine, vascular surgery, urology and obstetrics/gynecology.
MMG physicians are board certified or board eligible with many certified in multiple specialties. Their training and fellowships span many major medical schools including Washington University, Saint Louis University, and Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.
Coming in 2016: Memorial Hospital East
In addition to the Belleville campus, Memorial Hospital has diagnostic centers in O’Fallon, Ill., and in early 2016 will bring Memorial Hospital East to the Shiloh community. The new facility will be a 94-bed hospital with private patient suites, an emergency department, ICU, cardiac cath lab, surgical suites, and an obstetrics unit.
“Memorial identified a need for services to the East of Belleville and is prepared to more than adequately meet that need with the addition of Memorial Hospital East,” Turner said.
A Complete Network of Care
Memorial’s vast network brings together hospital services and Memorial Medical Group with state-of-the-art technology and ancillary services to provide a higher level of healthcare to each of the communities it serves.
Busy time, now and in near future, for the Memorial network
Illinois Business Journal report