Local Business Headlines
- St. Louis Freightway, Port of New Orleans sign pact aimed at fostering economic growth
- J.C. Penney says it will close up to 140 stores
- Alton resident presented Living Legends Award
- Economic development course series starts March 1
- World’s Largest Garage Sale makes return April 23
- CNB Bank & Trust announces new financial advisor
- SIUE implements reverse transfer credit program with LCCC
- Divine Immanence LLC, Maryville beauty supply business, opens
Granite schools to launch hometown CEO program
Granite City schools this month become the first in the region to enact a program aimed at keeping high school graduates in their hometown, potentially as future business leaders.
Called CEO, for Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities, the program allows students to take a real world view of life by looking through the lens of local business leaders, who serve as mentors.
Collinsville poised for growth, economic director says
COLLINSVILLE — On her Destination Collinsville game board, Erika Kennett has three strategic pieces that she moves about, in order to lure investment.
The city’s director of economic development calls them “my three chess pieces.”
Alton Miles for Meso 5K returns with community focus
Early registration now open for September 5K race, hosted by Simmons Hanly Conroy
ALTON – Early registration for the 6th Annual Alton Miles for Meso 5K Race & 2K Fun Run Walk, hosted by Simmons Hanly Conroy and organized by Metro Tri Club, is now open.