Local Business Headlines
- St. Louis Freightway, Port of New Orleans sign pact aimed at fostering economic growth
- J.C. Penney says it will close up to 140 stores
- Alton resident presented Living Legends Award
- Economic development course series starts March 1
- World’s Largest Garage Sale makes return April 23
- CNB Bank & Trust announces new financial advisor
- SIUE implements reverse transfer credit program with LCCC
- Divine Immanence LLC, Maryville beauty supply business, opens
Honda starts making SUVs at Indiana plant after $52M project
Editors Note APNewsNow.
GREENSBURG, Ind. (AP) _ Honda has started building the CR-V sport utility vehicle at its southeastern Indiana assembly plant.
The company says the Greensburg factory marked the production start Wednesday. Officials announced plans last year to spend $52 million on preparing the factory for the SUV production.
The factory also builds Honda Civic compact cars and has added about 100 jobs to its current 2,400-person workforce.
Honda Manufacturing of Indiana President Bob Nelson says he's proud that the factory about 50 miles southeast of Indianapolis is now building two of the country's best-selling vehicles.
The plant opened in 2008 and can now produce about 250,000 vehicles a year.
By The Associated Press, Copyright 2017